The rich history of Saint Augustine's University began in 1867 with the initial mandate to train former slaves as schoolteachers and ministers of the gospel. After all these years, it is still the desire of our faculty to educate young minds and train people to minister the gospel to others.
This degree program is developed for a very specific target audience — pastors or church ministers who have yet to complete their Bachelor of Arts degree. We have done our best to keep the costs as low as possible for 18 credit hours per semester. We have developed a creative teaching format: students have class Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-10 p.m. and will complete two courses every five weeks. In a 16-week semester you will have completed six courses, 18 credit hours.
What is the value of completing this degree at Saint Augustine's University?
- Saint Augustine's University is a fully accredited institution with SAUS.
- The focus of the program is to enrich a person's ministry in a practical way.
- Courses are designed to help you more effectively study, preach, and teach the Bible, and develop leadership, counseling and administrative skills.
- Our adjunct faculty members hold advanced degrees from quality divinity schools such as Duke, Southeastern, Shaw, and Saint Andrews in Scotland.
- Our adjunct faculty members are actively involved as senior pastors or in another variety of local church ministry roles.
- Many of our faculty are alumni of Saint Augustine's University.
After the completion of this degree, you would be prepared to pursue a masters degree at a divinity school.