Each Student and Faculty Advisor should be familiar with the Academic Policies of Saint Augustine's University. Students and faculty advisors are encouraged to consult regularly with the Saint Augustine's University Catalog and with Department Chairs and Division Deans.
Students are classified at the beginning of the Fall Semester or at the time the student enrolls at the University if this is other than the beginning of the school year. The classification of students is based upon the number of credits earned as follows:
- Freshman: 0 - 29 semester hours
- Sophmore: 30-59 semester hours
- Junior: 60-89 semester hours
- Senior: 90 semester hours and above
- Full Time: Pursuing a minimum of 12 semester hours
- Part Time: Pursuing less that 12 semester hours