DRESS CODE POLICY
Saint Augustine’s University requires that all students refrain from wearing inappropriate headgear and clothing in all classrooms, buildings, and public areas on-campus. This policy applies to students off-campus when engaged in activities representing The University (i.e. conferences, athletic competition, study abroad, etc.). Appropriate attire is required at all times on campus.
Inappropriate attire includes the following:
- Du-rags (outside of residence halls)
- Hats (inside of all campus buildings including residence halls)
- Headgear of a non-religious nature (inside of any campus building including residence halls)
- Sagging pants, shorts, or any clothing that reveals undergarments or large sections of skin through factory or self-made holes (inside and outside of all campus buildings and residence halls)
- Undershirts or A-Shirts (“wife-beaters” [slang]) of all colors (outside of residence halls)
- Halter tops, tank tops, or bustiers revealing excessive midriffs and/or cleavage (outside of the residence hall at any time)
- Pajamas and bedroom attire, including slippers and shower shoes may be worn in the privacy of the residential hall bedrooms or suites only
- Prohibited attire includes articles of clothing that fit too tightly and/or do not extend beyond the tip of your middle finger when your arms are at your side (Types of clothing include: shorts/skorts, skirts and dresses) *All dress code policies apply to male and female students without exception. Students should always be dressed prepared for that perfect “opportunity” to impress
Thank you for your adherence to this policy.