Harmon L. Barnard III, MBA, M.Ed., Instructor, School of Business and Technology, and has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since 2010.
- Mr. Barnard earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing with a concentration in advertising from Kennesaw State University in 1985. He also earned a Bachelor of Science in Special Education with a concentration in behavior disorders from Columbus State University in 2003. He then went on to obtain a Master’s Degree in Special Education with a concentration in Mental Disabilities from Columbus State University in 2005. Additionally, he earned an MBA with a focus in Management from Troy University in 2009.
- List of courses Mr. Barnard teaches include: Introduction to Business, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Management, Business Communications, Personal Financial Planning, Managerial Marketing, Managerial Finance, Entrepreneurship, Intro to Community & Economic Development, FYE Global and Critical Inquiry, Organizational Concepts
- List of School Committees: Judicial committee, Faculty Senate, Alumni Committee
Elroy Kendrick Bethell, Assistant Professor, has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since January 2001 as an adjunct professor and as full-time professor since 2010.
- Elroy Kendrick Bethell earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems from Saint Augustine’s University in May of 1997 and a Masters of Business Administration from Campbell University in 2001.
- List of Courses Taught: Microcomputer Software Applications, Systems Analysis and Design, Database Management, Data Communications & Networks, Management Information Systems, Operating Systems and Computer Architecture, Web Design Using HTML, Global & Critical Inquiry, Database Management, PC Fundamentals, E-Commerce
- List of School Committees: Diversity Committee and Marketing Liaison
- Elroy Bethell also holds a Master’s Certificate in Information Systems and Technology Project Management from Villa Nova University. Mr. Bethell’s education is supplemented by the A+, Network+, and Cisco CCNA professional technology certifications. He has also completed training in Mobile App Development, and the Security + network security certification.
Evangeline Brodie, Assistant Professor of Accounting, has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since February 2000.
- Mrs. Brodie earned a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from NC State University in 1994 and a Master of Accounting from North Carolina State University in 1996. Additionally, she was licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in 1997 and a Real Estate Broker in 2005.
- List of Courses Ms. Brodie teaches include: Principles of Accounting I & II, Intermediate Accounting I & II, Managerial Accounting, Managerial Finance, Business Finance, Personal Financial Planning, and Principles of Real Estate.
- List of School Committees: Assessment Coordinators, Academic Policies Committee, and Curriculum Council.
Valerie Evans, Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems, has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since 2009.
- Professor Evans earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Management in 1987 and Master’s in Business from Lincoln Memorial University in 1994.
- List of Courses Taught: Microcomputer Applications, Business Communications, Strategic Management, Organizational Behavior and Ethics
- Professor Evans is an active member of and webmaster for the Raleigh Rotary Club and sits of the Board of the Raleigh Hall of Fame
- Professor Evans has been active in voting rights and voter participation issues. She has been involved with interviews for NPR’s Morning Edition and invited to attend the White House Summit on Working Families in 2014.
Dr. Anthony Grady
Associate Professor, Department of Business Administration (B.A., M.A., M.A., North Carolina Central University; Ed.D., North Carolina State University; M.B.A., Strayer University)
Dr. Charles Ibeziako, Assistant Professor of Business Administration has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since 2009.
- Dr. Ibeziako earned a Bachelor of Science from Shaw University, a Master of Science from North Carolina A&T State University and a Doctor of Business Administration from Argosy University.
- List of courses Dr. Ibeziako teaches include: Quantitative Methods, Principles of Microeconomics, Principles of Macroeconomics, International Business, International Marketing, Methods of Statistical Research and Analysis.
Dr. Kristene Kelly, Assistant Professor of Sport Management, has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since January 2009.
- Dr. Kelly earned a Bachelor of Science in Physical Education/Sport Management and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts/Public Relations both from Johnson C. Smith University in 2000, Master of Science in Human Performance and Sport Studies from The University of Tennessee in 2003 and a Doctor of Education in Sport Management/Leadership from the United States Sports Academy in 2014.
- List of Courses Dr. Kelly teaches include: Introduction to Sport Management, Ethics in Sport, Sports Information, Governance in Sport, Finance and Economics in Sport, Legal Environment of Sport and Recreation, FYE Global and Critical Inquiry
- List of School Committees: University Marshall, Athletic Committee, TEP Committee, Judicial Committee
- Dr. Kelly has had articles published in various online publications/websites and has presented/served on several panels all relating to collegiate sport. Dr. Kelly has been supported by the following grants: NCAA Student-Athlete Affairs Grant, $1,500 (2011-2012), NCAA Division II Coaching Enhancement Grant, $32,000 (2010-2012), NCAA Division II Coaching Enhancement Grant, $32,000 (2014-2016), CIAA SAAC Mini-Grant, $500 (2013-2014), CIAA SAAC Mini-Grant, $500 (2014-2015)
- Dr. Kelly is active with the Black Girls Run Organization
Dr. Sheria Rowe, Assistant Professor of Computer Information Systems, has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since December 2012.
- Dr. Rowe earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Saint Augustine’s University in 2007, Master’s in Information Science from North Carolina Central University in 2009 and a Doctorate in Business Administration from Argosy University in 2014.
- List of Courses Taught: Microcomputer Software Applications, PC Fundamentals, Entrepreneurship, Senior Seminar, Sport Management Seminar, Sports Marketing & Promotion, Global & Critical Inquiry
- List of School Committees: Curriculum Council, Faculty Evaluations Committee, Freshman Cohort Committee
- Dr. Rowe is active with the SAU Young Alumni Council
Dr. Lal Shimpi, Associate Professor of Computer Science/Computer Information Systems, has taught at Saint Augustine’s University since January 1994.
- Degrees Earned:
- B.S. in Mathematics University of Poona, India 1972
- M.S. in Mathematics University of Poona, India 1975
- M.A. in Mathematics University of Massachusetts, Boston December 1980
- M.S. in Computer Science University of Massachusetts, Amherst 1983
- Ed.D. in Computer Science Programming Languages University of Massachusetts, Amherst 1995.
- List of Courses Taught: Foundations in Computer Science, Web Design, Programing in C++, Visual Basics Programming, Java Programming, Database Design, Operating Systems, Data Communications and Networking, Theory of Computation, Object Oriented Programming, CCNA Certifications, Organizing of Programming Languages, Data Structures, Microcomputer Software Applications, Operating Systems, Business Statistics, Assembly Language and Computer Architecture, Software Engineering
- List of School Committees: Tenure and Promotions, Curriculum Council, Library, Academic Policy, Faculty Evaluation, Name Change Committee
- Dr. Shimpi has pursued research: MBAA International 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Dr. Shimpi has been supported:
- NASA Grant
- CCNA Saturday Academy