SAINT AUGUSTINE’S UNIVERSITY POLICY
1. The University has the right and an obligation to provide an open forum to present and debate public issues.
2. The University has the right to prohibit individuals and groups who are not members of the University community from using its name, finances, and physical operating facilities for commercial or political activities.
3. The University has the right to prohibit students from using its name, finances, and physical and operating facilities for commercial activities.
4. The University has the right and obligation to provide students with the use of meeting rooms under the rules of the campus, including the use of space for political purposes such as political clubs; to prohibit the use of its rooms by individual members or groups of members on a regular or a prolonged basis as free headquarters for political campaigns; and to prohibit the use of its name, finances, and office equipment and supplies for any political purpose at any time.
5. The University has neither the right nor the obligation to take a position in party politics and public issues, except on those issues that directly affect its autonomy, academic functions, financial support and the freedom of its members.
6. The University has the right and obligation to protect students and their visitors from physical harm, threats of harm or abuse; its property from damage and unauthorized use; and its academic and administrative processes from interruption.
7. The University has a right to require students to identify themselves by name and address. Additionally, visitors to the campus may be required to state what connection, if any, they have with the University.
8. The University has the right to set reasonable standards of conduct in order to safeguard the educational process and provide for the safety of students and protection of University property.
9. The University has established a policy that does not allow freshmen to have vehicles on campus. Students must have thirty (30) credits in order to purchase a decal for campus parking. Consideration will be given to military and transfer students on an individual basis.