Withdrawing From A Course

Withdrawing from a course is recognized as officially and permanently leaving that course after the add/drop period. Students may withdraw from a course according to the deadline date published in the current catalog and listed on the Academic Calendar. Students who desire to withdraw from a course should secure a Course Withdrawal Form from the Office of the Registrar. Processing of the withdrawal form will begin after the student has returned it to the Registrar's Office, with the signatures of the instructor and the Department Chair and the Division Dean in the student's major. Students officially withdrawn from a course are assigned a permanent grade of "W" by the Registrar. Students who stop attending a class without officially withdrawing, will receive a grade of "F." Students should refer to the Financial Information section of the current Catalog to determine the billing and financial impact (if any), of withdrawing from a course.