OFFICE OF SCHOLARSHIPS
OfficeofScholarships@st-aug.edu or 919.516.4062.
The Office of Scholarships is dedicated to making sure students have access to a variety of scholarships to suit their needs.
AVAILABLE EXTERNAL SCHOLARSHIPS
With technology growing in leaps and bounds, it doesn’t come as a surprise that a number of students today are pursuing a major in graphic design.
The work of a graphic designer is all around us, making the world more vibrant and joyful. They create illustrations, drawings, logos, color schemes, and layouts of magazine and web pages. They are the ones who choose text sizes and fonts, and often make all the visual elements of a project fit together in a way that is pleasing to the eye. Almost no product or service exists without the need for graphic design of some kind for marketing or brand identity purposes.
There are plenty of opportunities a graphic designer can get, whether it is in advertising firms, public relations firms, website design companies, and magazines and other publications. In some businesses, designers may be involved in the process of creating packages for various products or even for designing video games.
AIS Technolabs has come up with Graphic Design Scholarships for all budding designers. The intention is to give the designers an opportunity to hone their designing skills and get suitably placed in various industries thereafter.
Desired skills of a designer
The foremost skill that the graphic designer should have is his artistic ability. The designer begins many projects with free-hand sketches. Some computer programs may also require him to draw on the screen. Though computer software and applications aid the work of the designer, the person must be an artist at heart.
Graphic Design Software
Knowledge of Graphic design software is as important in this field as an individual’s artistic ability. It’s desirable for students to have knowledge about the following :
- Adobe Photoshop — alter or edit existing images and the creation of complex images
- Adobe InDesign — page design and layouts
- CorelDRAW Graphic Suite X7 — illustration, tracing, photo editing
- Adobe Dreamweaver — web page design
You need to send in every detail mentioned below to enter the graphic design scholarship competition.
First and Last Name –
Email Address –
Contact information –
Current resume –
Your story – The reason why you think you should win
Criteria for scholarship
- Students who want to apply for the scholarship program, have to send us their portfolio containing “a banner or a full-size image”. Our team will evaluate your work and if we find it interesting, we will award the scholarship to you.
- To know the topic of the banner and the image, please mail at email@example.com
- This is to inform all Scholarship Programme’s Participant that please do not message or call on Whatsapp number mentioned on our website. Because we have a separate team for the Scholarship programme who takes care of your queries. For any queries related to scholarship drop a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Contacting on call or other emails apart from email@example.com can leave a negative impact on your application.
Formats Of Task
Your work portfolio should highlight your design abilities and creative potential. Send your banner or image file in the following file formats :
- A Full-size HD Image (ai, PDF and EPS)
- A Pantone color version
- A CMYK version
- A black, single Colour version
- Raster Files (in RGB)
- A White version
- Logo Variants (optional)
- Lock-up variants
- Smaller size variants
Eligibility Criteria For The Program
- All high school, college or graduate students, who are either citizens or legal residents of the United States and Canada, are eligible to win the scholarship
- The scholarship is open to all undergraduate or postgraduate students taking part in an Art, Graphic Design, Visual Communication and Creative Advertising course at a US/ Canada based University or College.
- A gap between Bachelors and Masters Degree is not allowed
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 scale required
- Students must have attained 18 years of age, at the start of the program
- Should be a regular student and not a school/college dropout
Other important details about the scholarship program:
- Every applicant will allow AIS Technolabs to verify specific details like name, student ID number, institution, course of study etc.
- The winners of the scholarship will be chosen by a panel of experts from AIS Technolabs.
- Scholarship amount of $1000 will be awarded one-time only
- Winners have to give consent with regards to publishing their photo and award details on the AIS Technolabs website.
- AIS will automatically disqualify applicants who are found to furnish information that is false, plagiarized or has copyright issues.
- AIS Technolabs reserves the right to change the rules and regulations anytime during the course of the scholarship program, with the exception of the scholarship amount or prior to the actual awarding to a winner.
- Please note that our scholarship deadline ends on May 15, 2019. There are no extensions after that. We will display the names of the winners on May 31, 2019, on our company’s website. If you have friends who are graphic designers and looking for a graphic design scholarship, please send them our way!
- AIS Technolabs never share the students’ projects or student’s details with any third-party company or person
Real estate sector plays a significant role in the financial decisions of our lives. Real estate is not only about buying and selling properties but is also involves property management, business consulting, and legal aspects.
When it comes to buying, selling, leasing, or mortgaging a property, real estate professionals come to our rescue. We cannot take major financial decisions relating to property without the help of these professionals, as they are aware of the entire know-how of this sector.
Real estate professionals are proficient in applying several tricks in this sector and get through the entire process which can be overwhelming for us. Whether it is documentation for buying a new property or finding a buyer for the property you need to sell, these real estate professionals do that for us; while we focus on our respective job or business.
There are plenty of opportunities out there for real estate professionals with the right skills with real estate developers and brokerage firms. But, to grab those opportunities, the aspiring real estate professionals require to sharpen their skills by acquiring training which can help them excel in this field.
AIS Technolabs helps these aspiring real estate professionals with this scholarship program, enabling them to complete their training without any obstacles and get placed in renowned and well-established companies ultimately leading them towards their career growth.
Desired Skills of a Real Estate Professional
The foremost skill a real estate professional should be having is interest in properties and architecture. One should have a focused and problem-solving mind to be successful in this field. Having a better understanding of the local real estate market would help candidates in achieving their career goals in this field.
- The students should be enrolled (or in the process of enrolling) as full-time student of an accredited college/university within USA or Canada for completion of their undergraduate or postgraduate programs in real estate.
- Minimum GPA achieved should be 3.0.
- The high school, college, or graduate students aspiring to win this scholarship should be either citizens or legal residents of the United States of America or Canada.
- College dropouts are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To enter into real estate scholarship program, you need to send us the below details –
- Name –
- Email Address –
- Contact Information –
- Current Resume –
- You need to submit an essay of around 1500 to 2000 words. The winner would be selected on the quality of the essay you have submitted.
- To know the topic of the essay, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms & Conditions
- AIS Technolabs has the right to verify the details submitted by the candidates like their name, the course of study, student ID number, college/institution, etc.
- A panel of experts from AIS Technolabs would be choosing the winners.
- AIS Technolabs doesn’t share or sell any of the content submitted by the students to any third party, company or person.
- The scholarship winner will have to give consent to publish their photograph and award details of AIS Technolabs website.
- AIS Technolabs reserves the right to disqualify a candidate if the details submitted are false or have plagiarism issues.
- The scholarship amount of $1000 is a one time reward.
- AIS Technolabs has right to change the rules and regulations at any time during the course of scholarship, except the reward amount promised before the selection process.
- The last date for submitting application would be May 15, 2019. The names of the winning candidates would be declared on our website on May 31, 2019.
- Important Note: Please ensure that you contact only on email@example.com for this scholarship program. Contacting on any other phone numbers or email ids (available on the website) besides this might leave a negative impact on your application.
Are you passionate about the presence of small businesses in the American economy?
DO Supply, Inc. will be awarding $1,000.00 in a scholarship fund to one student who exemplifies this passion.
DO Supply, Inc. is offering a scholarship award to the student who best demonstrates his/her passion for small business in the United States by creating a well-researched and personal account of a small business that has impacted his/her life, or of a dream he/she may have to establish their own business.
$1000.00 will be awarded to one student for the purposes of funding a college education during the fall semester in the year 2019.
The essay must be submitted in completion by June 1st, 2019.
A final winner will be selected by June 20th, 2019. All decisions are final and may not be appealed. There will only be one winner, who will receive the full scholarship amount ($1000.00). The award will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the winner’s institution.
- Students may be enrolled full or part-time in a college or university
- Undergrad students only may apply
- One entry per student; multiple entries will be ignored
- Student must be over 18 and be able to provide proof if necessary
- Student must provide their student identification number
- Student must provide the name and address to which the scholarship award would be sent
- Student must notify their institution’s financial aid office of the scholarship application
- Submissions should be in English
- Essay should be between 800 and 1200 words
- Misleading/false information is reason for immediate disqualification with no further notice
Friends and relatives of DO Supply, Inc. are not eligible for this contest.
By entering the student is authorizing DO Supply, Inc. to use all submitted content at our discretion for publishing or marketing purposes without requiring explicit permission from the author
- Students should include their name and the name of the institution in the top margin of the essay, along with their course of study, college email address, and student ID elsewhere on the page.
- Students personal details excluding first and last name, will not be disclosed to other parties or published.
For questions or concerns, email Teresa Tomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones. We have been featured by AARP, The Administration for Community Living, The National Legal Resource Center, and Forbes, as well as referenced by many governmental agencies and organizations across the Internet.
• They work with a group of senior care advocates and based on conversations with the caregiver community, more and more high school and college students are taking on the role of caregiver for aging loved ones. To help support these students, they have made available scholarships that can provide financial assistance.
Eligibility Requirements for College Students
The Caring.com Student-Caregiver scholarship is open to full-time college students at an accredited two-or-four year college or university in the United States. Other eligibility requirements include:
- Applicants must be citizens or Permanent Residents of the United States.
- Applicants cannot be on academic disciplinary status.
- Must not be related to or living with any employees of Caring, LLC.
Each year, Huggable awards $2,000 in college scholarships to high-achieving students who are supported by single mothers (or who may be single mothers themselves). We also donate a year’s worth of baby formula ($2,000 value) to a recipient chosen by the winner.
You can find more information about our scholarship award here: https://huggable.com/pages/scholarships
Our scholarship is called the Huggable Supermom Scholarship: Cash & Baby Formula Award, and it’s designed to make things a little easier for single mothers and those supported by single mothers who are striving to achieve great things for themselves and their loved ones. To apply, students must be a single mother, the child of a single mother, or directly supported by a single mother in some other way. All fields of study and GPAs will be considered.
Athnet is very excited to announce they are offering a scholarship to current or future college students who play or have played, high school or college sports.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, student applicants must meet the following criteria:
• The applicant must be a current or former athlete at the high school or college level.
• The applicant must be a current college student or high school senior entering college.
To enter, applicants must write a 400-500 word essay describing how the lessons they have learned through playing sports have positively impacted them in pursuing their college education.
The student selected by our committee gets $1,000 usable towards the cost of tuition and books.
The essay deadline is July 1, 2019. Students can email their essays to email@example.com.
For more information about Athnet’s Sports Recruiting Scholarship, please visit https://www.athleticscholarships.net/scholarship-contest.htm.
Express VPN is offering a $5,000 scholarship opportunity for any high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school student located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
Revelations over the past year have stoked concern over the power that technology companies wield globally. With net neutrality repealed in the United States, the General Data Protection Regulation taking force in Europe, and governments demanding backdoors into personal devices, one thing is certain: The battle over who controls the technology we use is far from over.
This Year’s Essay Topic:
“Technology companies can self-regulate to provide optimal privacy to internet users. The free market will choose the winners to be those companies that best protect their users, without the need for government interference. Do you agree or disagree?”
The winning essay shall be determined using the following criteria:
- Level of creativity, originality, and detail of the submission
- Student’s ability to formulate an opinion
- Clear and articulate writing
Your essay should be 600 to 800 words long and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2019.
- Essays must be written in English.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in either a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- There is no age or citizenship requirement.
- Essays must be sent via email only, to this address: email@example.com. To be valid, the application email must include the following
- Your name
- The name, address, and contact details of your school
- Your current grade level
- One entry per student. Multiple entries per student will be disregarded.
- Essays must be submitted online by August 31, 2019, no later than 11:59 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
- The winner will be announced by the end of October 2019. The prize will be awarded by international wire transfer. The winner will be required to provide his/her bank information in order to complete the bank transfer.
- The winner must submit a valid ID and proof of enrollment in a high school, undergraduate school, or graduate school located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, the European Union, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa.
- Employees of ExpressVPN and their immediate family members are not eligible for this contest.
- All entries become the property of ExpressVPN. The contest winner agrees to allow ExpressVPN to publish or print his/her name and essay.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes.
- The prize is listed and paid in United States Dollars (USD).
- The decision of ExpressVPN in respect of any dispute arising out of this program shall be final.
Here is the link to our scholarships page to add to your Financial Aid/Scholarships Page:
IQphoto.com is an award-winning San Francisco wedding photography company, focusing on SF City Hall weddings.
IQphoto knows just how important a quality education can be in getting a foot up in the industry. Additionally, they recognize every dollar counts toward achieving the ultimate goal…a degree. With that in mind, IQphoto is proud to offer a $500 scholarship program to students attending a US accredited college or university.
The $500 scholarship is being offered for the college or university student who can demonstrate a flair for writing.
Most employment opportunities require a variety of writing types, even those not specifically designated as communications positions. Excellent writing skills present a professional, polished appearance, granting job seekers and employees an edge over the competition.
Students shouldn’t assume that just because they’re going into a field not designated as communication, the writing is not important. On the contrary, with the abundance of emails, notes, letters, texts, tweets and Facebook status updates in the workplace today, an increasing amount of time in any profession is spent writing.
Whether you’re responding to an email, drafting a plan of action to a boss or writing a status update for the company’s Facebook page, writing skills can boost you and your company’s image, making a huge difference in how you appear to others.
With this in mind, applicants for this scholarship should submit a 1,000-word essay on the importance of quality writing using personal anecdotes or a story. Many times a message may not come across the way it was supposed to due to grammar errors, or a project may have been submitted without the proper proofreading. What was the outcome? What did you learn? Or, what did the mistake make you think or feel about the person who did it?
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- You must have been accepted into an accredited college or university. Technical colleges are acceptable as well.
- Currently displaying a 3.0 GPA. If you’re a GAP student applying to college after a year off, your last GPA in school must have been at least a 3.0.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Any class student may apply: Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors. Additionally, those seeking a scholarship for their Master’s degree may apply as well.
- Submit an essay not to exceed 1000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org in either .doc or .pdf format
- We encourage creativity, with a liberal use of language, however, the essay should contain no vulgarity or profanity.
- Your essay should showcase your use of the English language, excellent grammar and a thorough understanding of the topic.
- Once submitted, the entries cannot be returned or edited.
- All entries must be received by midnight ET December 31, 2019
- The winner will be announced no later than January 31, 2020
- The winner will need to provide proof of acceptance into the school of choice and proof of high school diploma.
- Winners will be notified by email. If the winner does not reply within 14 days, a new winner will be selected.
- Any questions should be submitted to email@example.com
Submit your essay to Scholarships
UNCF SCHOLARSHIPSScholarships and internships are open for applications. Look at some of the opportunities UNCF offers high school and college students that can help them get to and through college. Visit www.UNCF.org/Scholarships any time to see what is open and complete the applications before the offers close.
There are still UNCF Scholarships for the current semester!
Please also go to uncfoutreach.com to complete some applications for this fall semester that are still available.
Ms. Tanika Mangum was our UNCF presenter. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
If you are a senior planning to attend graduate, please email Ms. Mangum for information about the Columbia University Master’s Scholarship. This scholarship is only available to HBCU member school students.
Ms. Barbara Ellis in the Office of Scholarships can assist you with general questions, OfficeofScholarships@st-aug.edu or 919.516.4062.
ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCESBelow are scholarship search resources and private scholarships which Saint Augustine's University does not specifically endorse. However, the University encourages students to visit the following sites:
The information and external links in this scholarship listing provided by Saint Augustine’s University’s Office of Financial Aid and Office of Scholarships are reprinted here as a service to our website users. We do not administer these websites or routinely screen, approve, review, or endorse the content, products, or services that may be offered. In no circumstance shall Saint Augustine’s University, the Office of Financial Aid or the Office of Scholarships be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such site or resource. Criteria may change (or may have changed) from the date posted, so inquire directly with individual programs. Some external links use social media and use of these websites is subject to privacy rules and policies of those applications and website operators.
Saint Augustine’s University Institutional Scholarship Awards and Grants require students to timely and properly complete the SAU Financial Aid Application, FAFSA and parents to complete the Parent Plus Loan application. All students must accept all financial aid offered to them and parents must accept the Parent Plus Loan if it is offered before institutional awards will be given (with the exception of Presidential Scholars). All new students seeking institutional scholarship awards and grants must apply for five external (online) scholarships and provide proof of same to the Office of Scholarships.
For purpose of clarity, scholarship awards and tuition grants at Saint Augustine’s University are discounts on the direct costs of attending the University. Direct costs are tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, and technology fees. All students are responsible for sales taxes on the meal plan, health insurance, income taxes, and books. Saint Augustine’s University offers a limited number of scholarship awards and tuition grants to students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement. In addition, the University provides scholarship awards and tuition grants based on athletic ability, leadership potential, and special talents. Admission scholarships are available for freshmen with high SAT and/or ACT scores and academic abilities. All scholarship awards and grants are available for four years or eight active semesters only, awarded on a first come, first served basis, and are contingent upon the final Saint Augustine’s University budget.
The University provides a number of competitive scholarship awards and grants that are awarded to students from private donors and public agencies. The recipients of these scholarship awards and grants are selected on a competitive basis. Funding for all institutional scholarship awards and grants is subject to change as determined by the Scholarship Committee.
Students must maintain the required cumulative GPA, while earning a minimum of thirty credit hours per academic year, relative to each scholarship award and tuition grant in order to remain in good standing with the scholarship committee and receive the scholarship award or tuition grant credit towards the direct cost of attending Saint Augustine’s University. All current students seeking institutional scholarships must apply for external (online) scholarships each semester and supply documentation of applications to the Scholarship Program Office thirty days prior to the end of each semester regardless of scholarship status. Should a student’s cumulative GPA fall below the minimum required GPA for any institutional scholarship award or tuition grant and/or not earn thirty credits within an academic year, that student shall receive a warning letter at the end of each semester from the Office of Scholarships and must meet with his or her Financial Aid Counselor. If a student’s cumulative GPA and/or earned credit hours are below the required minimum at the end of the following semester, the student shall receive a letter of suspension of the scholarship award or tuition grant.
INSTITUTIONAL TALENT SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Music and Athletic Scholarships
Saint Augustine’s University recruits a myriad of talented individuals. Scholarships may be awarded to prospective Falcons showing promise in music or intercollegiate athletics. For further details regarding the University’s band program, contact the Department of Music at 919.516.4298. For more information about the University Choir, call 919.516.4900 and for details regarding athletics, call 919.516.4951.
Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) Policy of Awarding Institutional Scholarships and Aid
Beginning with the summer 2018 term and all terms following, all institutional scholarship awards and/or tuition grants, including institutional athletic scholarship awards, will be reduced by the total of outstanding credit balance plus indirect costs after all other amounts have been applied to the students’ accounts originating from sources external to the University. Under no circumstances will refunds be given to students who are receiving institutional or athletic scholarship awards or grants. By Federal law, when receiving any type of federal aid, there will be no carryover of aid, of any kind, from one term to the next.
An individual student may only receive one institutional scholarship award or tuition grant towards their direct cost of attendance, with rare exception.
The Financial Aid Office and the Office of Scholarships reserve the right to adjust (increase or decrease) any student’s financial aid award as necessary. Adjustments may occur due to changes in a student’s housing, enrollment status, scholarships, regulatory changes, changes in funding levels, changes in the student’s and/or parental income or assets.
Should you need additional clarification, please contact the Office of Scholarships at 919.516.4062.