- Assistant ProfessorDepartment of Social Sciences
- Boyer Building Room 300C
B.A. – Sociology
North Carolina State University
M.A. – Social Work
North Carolina Central University
Area(s) of Research
- Minority student under achievement and the barriers to educational attainment
- Child welfare
- Disabilities issues
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse treatment therapies
- Criminal Justice
- Program Evaluation
- Forensic Social Work
- LCSWA (current)
- Effective Teaching (30 contact hours)
- Academic Intervention
- Program Design (15 contact hours)
Provided literacy tutoring to K-12 students and other voluntary contributions to the surrounding community of Raleigh/Durham, NC.
The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
-Martin Luther King, Jr.