New Student Orientation (Fall 2020) This event is required of all incoming first-year, transfer, re-admitted and non-degree seeking (special students) undergraduates who plan to enroll in August 2020.
This Orientation provides an overview of the resources available to you as a student at Saint Augustine’s University. You will receive information on topics such as student life, student activities, registrar policies, student email and parking.
- Register for the SOAR date that is convenient for you and your family.
- Pay your housing enrollment deposit (The $200 deposit should be paid prior to SOAR.)
- It is imperative that new students complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form prior to attending SOAR. For tips on how to complete a FAFSA application please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Police background check. You can obtain a police background check at your local courthouse or click here for more information.
- SAU health clearance forms. Find and fill out the forms here.
- Submit your final official high school transcript. It should include your graduation date.
- Submit your official SAT or ACT test scores
- Scheduling your fall semester classes
- Completing various placement/assessment inventory
- Reviewing your financial aid award letter (Estimated Aid)
- Completing your health clearance and all other admissions requirements
- Securing your room assignment
- Receiving an estimated bill from the Business Office (Billing and Assessments verifies that you are being charged correctly)
- Choose a SOAR date:
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
Saturday, April 25, 2020
Saturday, May 23, 2020
Friday, June 12, 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
You must register for the SOAR event by registering online, contacting the Office of First/Second-Year Experience & New Student Connections at 919.516.4580 or emailing us at
We will begin Check-In/Registration at 8:30 a.m. and the Welcome/Orientation will begin at 9:00 a.m.
All of our staff and faculty welcome you and if we can help in any way give us a call.
Greetings Future Falcons,
Pursuant to your request and for your convenience, listed below are hotels that are near our campus.
Hotels Near SAU
Holiday Inn Raleigh Downtown
320 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Best Western Raleigh
North – Downtown
2715 Capital Boulevard
Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
421 Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Raleigh NE – Medical Center Area
3618 New Bern Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610
Ramada by Wyndham Raleigh
1520 Blue Ridge Road
Raleigh, NC 27607
Financial Aid items needed for SOAR
- Be sure to bring with you your FSA User ID and password that you used to electronically sign your FAFSA, your parents will need theirs as well. If you don’t have one as of yet please visit the following link to secure one. It does take 72 hours to validate you or your parents’ identity, so apply today if you need one! https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. You and your parent MUST have separate User IDs and passwords, they may not be shared.
- If you’re planning on using financial aid, you must have completed a FAFSA for 1819 and included our school code 00296800. If you haven’t filed, there’s still time but keep in mind it takes about 3-4 days for the school to receive your information from your FAFSA. Here’s the link for filing a FAFSA, www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Your personalized CAMS student online portal. If not please reach out to your Admissions representative for instructions. In your portal, you can see your financial aid awards, accept or decline them as well as check any outstanding documents you may need to furnish to a specific department. Please make yourself familiar with your portal, it’s a wonderful self- service tool!
SAU Financial Aid Counselors:
Mrs. Sharon Griffin email@example.com or 919.516.4132
Ms. Natesha McMillon firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.516.4589
Ms. Laffenia Griffin LZGriffin@st-aug.edu or 919.516.4290
Office of First/Second-Year Experience & New Student Connections
Dr. Paul Norman, Director
Mrs. Angelique Paschal-Rand, Asst. Director
Office of Admissions
Mr. Paul Vandergrift, Dean of Enrollment Management & Admissions