New Student Orientation (Fall 2018) This event is required of all incoming first-year, transfer, re-admitted and non-degree seeking (special students) undergraduates who plan to enroll in August 2018.
This Orientation provides an overview of the resources available to you as a student at Saint Augustine’s University. You will receive information on topics such as student life, student activities, registrar policies, student email and parking.
- Register for the SOAR date that is convenient for you and your family.
- Pay you housing enrollment deposit (The $200 deposit should be paid prior to SOAR.)
- It is imperative that new students complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form prior to attending SOAR.For tips on how to complete a FAFSA application please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Complete your SAU financial aid form.
- Police background check. You can obtain a police background check at your local courthouse or click here for more information. The cost is approximately $15.
- SAU health clearance forms. Please bring all completed health forms with you to SOAR. The SAU health forms can be found on our home page under DOC PORTAL at the bottom of the page. Click Admissions, click Search Documents and next to Search Keyword enter Health Forms, then click the Download button.
- Submit your final official high school transcript. It should include your graduation date.
- Submit your official SAT or ACT test scores
- Scheduling your fall semester classes
- Completing various placement/assessment inventory
- Reviewing your financial aid award letter (Estimated Aid)
- Completing your health clearance and all other admissions requirements
- Securing your room assignment
- Receiving an estimate bill from the Business Office (Billing and Assessments verifies that you are being charged correctly)
- Choose a SOAR date at the bottom of this page: June 14-15; June 28-29; July 12-13 and July 23-24
You must register for the SOAR event by registering on-line, contacting the Office of First Year Experience at 919.516.4580 or emailing us at
We will begin Check-In/Registration at 8:30 a.m. and the Welcome/Orientation will begin at 9:00 a.m.
All of our staff and faculty welcome you and if we can help in any way give us a call.
Financial Aid items needed for SOAR
- Be sure to bring with you your FSA User ID and password that you used to electronically sign your FAFSA, your parents will need theirs as well. If you don’t have one as of yet please visit the following link to secure one. It does take 72 hours to validate you or your parents identity, so apply today if you need one! https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. You and your parent MUST have separate User IDs and passwords, they may not be shared.
- If you’re planning on using financial aid, you must have completed a FAFSA for 1819 and included our school code 00296800. If you haven’t filed, there’s still time but keep in mind it takes about 3-4 days for the school to receive your information from your FAFSA. Here’s the link for filing a FAFSA, www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Your personalized CAMS student online portal. If not please reach out to your Admissions representative for instructions. In your portal you can see your financial aid awards, accept or decline them as well as check any outstanding documents you may need to furnish to a specific department. Please make yourself familiar with your portal, it’s a wonderful self- service tool!
SAU Financial Aid Counselors:
A thru J: Ms. Sharon Griffin email@example.com or 919.516.4132
K thru R: Ms. Katrina Daughtry firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.516.4642
S thru Z: Ms. Natesha McMillon email@example.com or 919.516.4589
Office of First Year Experience
Dr. Cindy Love, Director
Mrs. Angelique Paschal-Rand, Asst. Director
Office of Admissions
Mr. Paul Vandergrift, Interim Admissions Director