GREAT THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU GIVE
HOW TO GIVE
1. Text 919.373.6799 on your mobile phone
2. Enter “Give” and the dollar amount of your donation
3. Press send
To give or make a pledge by telephone, please call the Office of Institutional Advancement and Development at 919.516.4410 or 919.516.4092.
The convenient and easy way PaySimple.com is the University’s third party Automated Clearing House (ACH). ACH is a nationwide electronic funds transfer system which provides for the inter bank clearing of
By U.S. Postal Service
We will gladly honor your personal check or money order payable to Saint Augustine’s University. Please note where the donation should be applied in the memo line and kindly mail your gift to:
Office of Institutional Advancement and Development
Saint Augustine’s University
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Saint Augustine’s University’s unprecedented growth is a testament to bold vision and wise stewardship. Your gifts are extremely important. Every dollar entrusted to us—whether in cash, pledges, real estate, annuities, or other forms—has helped fund campus-wide technology, faculty research, state-of-the art classroom and athletic equipment, and scholarships for deserving students.
Your support will assist to strengthen the institution’s preeminent position among schools of similar stature and mission. Your gifts not only reinforce our ability to recruit competitively, they also help us enhance our exemplary academic programs, attract and retain exceptions faculty, continue to produce world class scholars and provide critical financial assistance to students.
There are several ways for you to impact Saint Augustine’s future. A University representative will gladly assist you in exploring giving options consistent with your interest.
Consider these options:
- ENDOW and annual scholarship for students from your hometown
- SUPPORT faculty research in a cutting edge academics discipline such as forensic science or human performance and wellness
- UNDERWRITE the annual cost of one aspect of a student’s life, such as student ambassadors, volunteer services or Episcopal ministry
There are also several established funds and initiatives that you can contribute to, which include the following:
Tuesday, December 3 is Giving Tuesday, a worldwide philanthropic effort in which people give to good causes. We’re asking that you choose to make the students of Saint Augustine’s University your cause of choice with a tax-deductible donation.
The 150 Club consists of alumni and friends of the university who are committed to the sustainability of Saint Augustine’s University. This club helps the university raise unrestricted funds to meet current operational needs. To join this club, you must contribute a minimum of $150. Donors receive a 150th Anniversary commemorative lapel pin.
$1K Scholarship Fund
The 1K Scholarship Fund was created to assist students in meeting their financial needs. The 1K Scholarship Fund is unique because it can be awarded to any student with a minimum GPA of 2.0, in any discipline. Students receive funds from $150-$5000 depending on their financial situation after all other options have been exhausted.
Saint Augustine's Chapel Campaign
The Saint Augustine’s Chapel was constructed by Washington Hayes and the Rev. Henry B. Delany, later Suffragan Bishop of the Diocese of North Carolina. The Rev. Delany was the quarry master and masonry instructor. He directed the students who quarried the stones from a rock quarry located on campus. The campaign was introduced to provide funding for the restoration of the chapel. Donors’ names are placed on the giving tree found in the Chapel.
Adopt a Residence Hall
Help us celebrate the next 150 years with improved residence halls for our scholars. Individuals and organizations have the opportunity to adopt a residence hall and will forever be recognized on a plaque in the lobby of the adopted building. Your contributions for maintenance, renovations and the purchase of furniture are tax-deductible.
WHAT TO GIVE
Today’s leaders often acknowledge the investment of the ancestors upon whose shoulders they stand. Because we all sat under shade trees that we did not plant and climbed the ladder of success atop someone’s “shoulders”, we invite you to help repay that gift.
Saint Augustine’s University offers several gift options that benefit the institution in general, or a specific are of university life. Consider giving in one or more of the following categories:
- Outward Gifts: Your one-time gift of cash, mutual funds, appreciated stocks, bonds, securities, real estate, personal property, pension plans or works of art can be directed to the program or academic division of your choice.
- Pledges: Pledges are multi-year commitments distributed over a designated period (one, three, or five years), enabling donors to make significant contributions in ways that accommodate their financial circumstances.
- Estate Gifts: Estate planning (planned giving) allows a donor to determine in advance the best testamentary method for investing at a level greater than could be made in his or her lifetime. Some deferred gifts (gift annuities, Unitrust and charitable remainder trust) provide a guaranteed like income and substantial tax benefits while simultaneously benefiting the University.
Other gifts you might wish to consider include:
- Mineral rights
- Living wills or trust
- Special naming request
Designating Saint Augustine’s University as the official beneficiary of your estate is a tax-wise strategy with mutual benefits. At your request the University and the Episcopal Church Foundation will help you establish a life-income gift. The Planned Giving Home website ecf.giftlegacy.com, outlines several ways to remember Saint Augustine’s University in your will, as well as ways to list the University as beneficiary of other charitable initiatives. Every gift helps preserve the quality and value of a Saint Augustine’s University education.
Call 919.516.4092 to discuss your options for giving to SAU.
Your generous gifts are managed by the Office of Institutional Advancement and Development.