WELCOME TO THE FALCON FAMILY!
PARENTS OF FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
The First-Year Experience Program (FYE) is dedicated to providing a comprehensive core of academic support services that will influence academic achievement and retention. The department is committed to providing meaningful, coherent and fulfilling experiences to increase the retention rate of its students by facilitating activities such as, Welcome Week, the Freshmen Studies Program, academic advisement, academic counseling, and many other activities. We work to provide a challenging yet supportive environment for our first-year students during their transition to higher education. Faculty, staff, administrators and students work together to cultivate a learning community which prepares and engages students academically, socially and spiritually for leadership in a complex, diverse, and rapidly changing world. In achieving its mission and adhering to the University’s mission, the First-Year Experience Program offers programs and opportunities for academic, social and personal growth.
THE PARENTS' ASSOCIATION
The mission of the Parents’ Association is to enhance the quality of both the scholar and parent experience through ongoing communication and contact between the University and the parents of scholars.
The Parents’ Association will additionally act as a resource to engage, connect, inform, and empower parents to support the successful development of all scholars and strengthen the mission of the University, which is to “…provide a healthy learning environment where students are prepared to excel academically, socially, and spiritually in order to be equipped for leadership roles in a complex, diverse and dynamically changing world.”
- To act as a liaison between the University and the parents to develop a closer relationship.
- To interpret Saint Augustine’s activities to the parents.
- To interpret Saint Augustine’s University to a wider audience of prospective students and stakeholders.
- To encourage parents’ participation in Saint Augustine’s University fundraising activities and events
- To encourage parents to formally direct their opinions and suggestions to the University.