This page is intended to serve as a resource to help veterans, active-duty service members, and dependents enrolling at Saint Augustine’s University in Raleigh, North Carolina. In order to check your eligibility for VA benefits, start the process at the beginning of the intended enrollment term.
Saint Augustine’s University in Raleigh, North Carolina strives to provide a safe and inclusive space in order to effectively and efficiently serve our service members. We are responsible for managing and staying abreast of the university, local, state, and federal educational benefits that are available for our VA students. In order to increase our awareness, knowledge, and education regarding VA students then we must create and foster partnerships with the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, and SAA. We have strong relationships that need to be attended to as well, that include but are not limited to, North Carolina Army National Guard, Air National Guard, and Air Force/Army reserve organizations. Our office will help increase retention and graduate rates and facilitate a positive support system for our service members, veterans, and members.
- Work with the Registrar’s Office to process VA Enrollment Certifications for all VA students
- Manage interface communications with parent/student and SAU faculty (phone, email, in-person)
- Organize files for continued VA audit readiness (annual NCSAA program approval and on-going VA/NCSAA audit)
- Assess files for semester completion requirements and make recommendations for updates (I.E. Drop/Add)
PROSPECTIVE & NEW STUDENTS
If you are a prospective/new student and would like to start receiving benefits, the first step is to start the application process with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Details regarding the application process can be found at https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/. You may also reach the VA by calling 1.888.442.4551. The VA is your best point of contact for questions concerning benefit payment amounts and questions regarding specific eligibility.
Once the VA application process is complete, the following paperwork will need to be submitted to the VA Certifying official via mail, email attachment or in person.
*Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Note: The COE will be mailed to you after the application for benefits has been processed.
APPLY FOR VA BENEFITS
The degree programs at Saint Augustine’s University are approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency (NCSAA) for the enrollment of students, who are eligible for VA Education and Training Benefits, provided under the following VA programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill – Chapter 33
- Length of Service Percentage < 100%: Non-supported portion of tuition and fees are due at Registration
- Length of Service Percentage =100%: No tuition and fee payment is required at Registration
- Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR) – Chapter 30 & Chapter 1606
- Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA and Fry Scholarship) – Chapter 35
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) – Chapter 31
Following acceptance by the University, to ensure prompt and accurate benefit payments, the following process should be followed by VA Education Benefits students:
VA CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
→ If you have not received your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE), application information is provided on the VA Education & Training home page under the VA Education Benefits Application Process →
→ Upon receipt of the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE), provide a copy to the VA School Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar.
SAINT AUGUSTINE’S VA CERTIFICATION REQUEST
→ Each term for which VA Education Benefits are to be utilized, proceed with the following:
- Prior to the start of the term, complete St. Augustine’s VA Education Benefits’ “Certification Request”→
- Contact your Academic Advisor and request that a current Plan of Study/Degree Audit be forwarded via email to VetEducation@st-aug.edu.
- Provide prompt notification of all enrollment changes to the SAU VA School-Certifying-Official in the Office of the Registrar.
REQUIRED VA FORMS
- VA Certificate of Eligibility (mailed or emailed from the VA)
- Enrollment Certification Request (submitted at the beginning of each term)
- Updated Plan of Study/Degree Audit