Saint Augustine’s University complies with Executive Order 13607, signed by President Barack Obama on April 27, 2012, “ESTABLISHING PRINCIPLES OF EXCELLENCE FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS SERVING SERVICE MEMBERS, VETERANS, SPOUSES, AND OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS”.
The degree programs at Saint Augustine’s University are approved by the North Carolina State Approving Agency (NCSAA) for the enrollment of students, who are eligible for VA Education and Training Benefits, provided under the following VA programs:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill – Chapter 33
- Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR) – Chapter 30 & Chapter 1606
- Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA and Fry Scholarship) – Chapter 35
- Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) – Chapter 31
Following acceptance by the University, to ensure prompt and accurate benefit payments, the following process should be followed by VA Education Benefits students:
VA CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY
→ If you have not received your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE), application information is provided on the VA Education & Training home page under the VA Education Benefits Application Process →
→ Upon receipt of the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE), provide a copy to the VA School Certifying Official in the Office of the Registrar.
SAINT AUGUSTINE’S VA CERTIFICATION REQUEST
→ Each term for which VA Education Benefits are to be utilized, proceed with the following:
- Prior to the start of the term, complete St. Augustine’s VA Education Benefits’ “Certification Request”→
- Contact your Academic Advisor and request that a current Plan of Study/Degree Audit be forwarded via email to VetEducation@st-aug.edu.
- Provide prompt notification of all enrollment changes to the SAU VA School-Certifying-Official in the Office of the Registrar.
SEMESTER TUITION AND FEE PAYMENTS
For VA Education Benefits students, semester tuition and fee payments are due at Registration as follows:
→Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30, Chapter 1606) – 100% payment
→ Survivors and Dependents Assistance: DEA (Chapter 35) – 100% payment
→ Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33):
- Length of Service Percentage < 100%: Non-supported portion of tuition and fees are due at Registration
- Length of Service Percentage =100%: No tuition and fee payment is required at Registration
→ Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment: VR&E (Chapter 31) –No tuition and fee payment is required at Registration.
In addition, to receive on-going monthly benefit payments, Montgomery GI Bill students (Chapters 30 and 1606) must ensure that they verify their monthly Saint Augustine’s enrollment through the VA’s “Web Automated Verification of Enrollment” (WAVE) →
Additional information concerning all aspects of Veterans Education Benefits can be found on the Veterans Benefits Administration “Education & Training” → website including:
- Education Programs
- GI Bill Comparison Tool/Payment Rates
- VA Education and Training Contact and Question/Answer information