BACCALAUREATE SERVICE & HONOR CORD CEREMONY
Thursday, May 4, 2023 | 6 p.m.
Saint Augustine’s Chapel
1411 Oakwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27601
Saturday, May 6, 2023 | 9 a.m.
Raleigh Convention Center, Exhibit Hall C
500 S. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27601
INFO FOR GRADUATES
CAP AND GOWN
Cap and gowns will be distributed from 3 – 5 p.m. on Friday, April 28 in the lobby of the Delany Hall.
Senior Clearance is required of all Commencement participants. The following departments will determine if you have cleared their department. Please check your SAU email frequently. If you are not cleared by the following departments, they will contact you by SAU email:
- Library – Please make sure all outstanding items have been returned and fees paid in full.
- Campus Police – All Campus Police citations (such as parking violations, etc.) should be paid in full.
- Financial Aid – Exit Loan Counseling: Students who completed their degree requirements Summer 2022, Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 should visit studentloans.gov to complete the Exit Loan Counseling. You will need your FAFSA PIN to retrieve your personal account information for your Federal Student Loan.
- Career Services – Complete Career Services Senior Survey and upload resume in College Central platform.
- Institutional Effectiveness – The Senior Survey link is available here. This must be completed in its entirety.
- Student Affairs – No Judicial Holds.
- Students Accounts – All debts must be paid and settled. Students must have ZERO balance to receive diploma on May 5, 2023.
- Registrar – All requirements must be completed. All final grades must be received by 4 p.m. on April 18, 2022.
Alumni Affairs – Please fill out the “Stay Connected” form, visit www.st-aug.edu/stay-connected/.
Commencement Letters will be given to all graduates, including those who completed degree requirements Summer 2022 and Fall 2022. Commencement Letters of Completion will be given to students during cap and gown pickup, starting Friday, April 28.
- Each graduate will receive 8 tickets for guests. Tickets will be available for pickup at Graduation Rehearsal on Friday, May 5th at 1:00 p.m.
- Each ticket will be checked at the entrance of the Convention. No one may be admitted to Convention Center for commencement without a ticket.
Transportation will be provided for graduates only.
Additional instructions will be given directly to our graduates during graduation rehearsal on Friday, May 5th.
Men: Black or Navy dress trousers, white shirt w/dark tie, black socks and black dress shoes.
Women: Black or Navy dress, skirt, or black or navy professional slacks w/white blouse, black/navy pumps or sling backs (no open toes).
Jewelry: Small, stud earrings and one ring per hand are permitted.
Please note: Graduation attire will be monitored and enforced. Anyone not in compliance with the above requirements will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
The $165 charge will be posted to your account. In addition to completing all academic requirements, you must also satisfy your financial obligation to the University to graduate, participate in the Commencement Ceremony, and have your degree conferred. This fee must be paid by 12:00 p.m. on April 28.
Graduation Rehearsal is mandatory for all graduates who expect to participate in the ceremony. Be prepared to stay the entire length of the rehearsal.
April 18 – 20 : Final Exams for Graduating SENIORS
Monday, April 24: Final grades for Graduating SENIORS due by 4 p.m.
Friday, April 28: Commencement Letters will be given to the students during cap and gown pick up
Thursday, May 4 | 6 p.m.: Baccalaureate and Honor Cord Service in the Chapel (Mandatory for all Graduates)
Friday, May 5 | 10:00 a.m.: ROTC Commissioning
Friday, May 5: Commencement Rehearsal – The Raleigh Convention Center at 1 p.m. Cap and Hood (Mandatory Graduates Only) 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
INFO FOR PARENTS & GUESTS
The closest parking deck to the Convention Center is the Cabarrus Parking Deck. The 3-hour rate for parking is $4.
Cabarrus Parking Deck
436 S Salisbury St
Raleigh, NC 27601
Accessible parking spaces are available on the first level of each garage.
The Commencement Exercises will be held in Exhibit Hall C. The entrance to this area sits at the corner of W. Cabarrus St. and S. McDowell streets. Guests can also enter through the main entrance on S. Salisbury St. and follow the signs to Exhibit Hall C.
Doors open at 8:00 a.m.
Commencement ceremonies begins at 9:00 a.m.
All Commencement guests require a ticket to attend.
Programs will be available around the ceremony location before and during the ceremony.