Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hunter Building, Room 103
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Hunter Building, Room 103
Raleigh, NC 27610
Faculty Employment Opportunities
Position Vacancy (Multiple Positions)
Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) is currently seeking experienced part-time associate faculty to teach in its upcoming online summer school (all areas) and undergraduate program in Organizational Management. We expect our online associate faculty members to be supportive, engaged professionals who are committed to providing high-quality facilitation and instruction. They will also support students by creating and sustaining a collaborative academic environment where students are encouraged to achieve their educational goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Oversee instruction of course material and online instruction using our learning management system (Blackboard)
- Provide a high level of student outreach and engagement through frequent feedback and maintaining an active presence in the online class
- Provide substantial student feedback and offer a quick turnaround on grades and responses to student contacts
- A master’s degree from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, with a minimum of 18 credit hours in one of the subject areas noted below
- At least three years’ professional/teaching experience within the subject area required
- Experience providing online instruction using Blackboard or other learning management systems
- Earned doctorate degree strongly preferred
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
- Information Technology
- Other general education related fields
SAU was established in 1867 in Raleigh, NC by the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina. A four-year liberal arts university with an average enrollment of approximately 1,000, SAU sits on 105 lush acres just north of Downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.
The institution offers more than 20 undergraduate degree programs and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
The university is in the process of establishing online undergraduate and graduate programs. This is an exciting time to join an historic and growing university!
These positions will remain open until filled. Send the following application materials via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial Transcripts (if hired an official transcript will be required)
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Staff Employment Opportunities
Perform a variety of police duties. Responsible for enforcing all law, rules, and regulations of the University and state to ensure campus security and public safety. May work under stressful, high-risk conditions. Patrols the campus on foot or by vehicle to prevent crime and unsafe activity. Performs preliminary investigations of incidents and any criminal activity that occur, detains suspects and makes arrest as appropriate.
Collaborate and coordinate with outside law enforcement agencies with regard to criminal activity and assists outside law enforcement agencies as needed. May serve as witness and provide evidence in court as required. Respond to individuals needing assistance in emergency situations. Assists motorists with a variety of services such as unlocking cars. Respond to sick or injured persons and render first-aid as needed.
Enforces campus traffic and parking regulations. Issues traffic warnings and citations to violators as appropriate. Assist University staff and faculty in unlocking classrooms and work areas as needed. May secure all doors and assists with opening and closing buildings for special activities. Provide information about Saint Augustine’s College to students, staff and the general public. Provide escort service when money is being transported, and for students, faculty and staff upon request.
Prepares and submits a variety of documents and reports that may include daily activity log, incident report, criminal offense report, weekend logs, etc. Operates police equipment and utilizes technology such as computers, handgun, etc. Provide security for special College events. Assist in the training of new public safety officers. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least a High School diploma or GED and one-year security-related experience.
- Must meet all requirements of the North Carolina Law Enforcement Standards Commission in areas such as physical requirements, educational requirements, and skills requirements.
- Must have a valid NC driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to operate a motor vehicle as well as a variety of types of office and other equipment including computers, two-way radio, firearms, etc.
- Must be physically able to exert up to fifty pounds of force occasionally and/or frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Physical demands are in excess of sedentary work; position requires seizing, holding, grasping, etc. and involves walking, standing, reaching, stooping, crouching, etc. for brief periods of time.
- Must be able to physically defend one’s self from attack or assault.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of approximately one hundred pounds.
- Must be able to lift a human body if the need arises.
Shift work and weekends may be required. Salary commensurate with experience and education background based on State Mandated Minimums. Open until filled.