SAU Return to Campus Protocols
Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) cares about its faculty, staff and students, therefore, your safety is our priority. Please read this return to campus updates to ensure you experience a smooth transition back to SAU. We remain vigilant about protecting the health and safety of our campus community. Therefore, the University requires all residential and commuter students, faculty, and staff to be fully immunized against COVID-19 before returning to campus for the spring 2022 semester. Failure to be vaccinated will prohibit the individual from living, attending in-person classes, or working on campus. All students, faculty, and staff who have not submitted a vaccination card and test results must upload their information to the COVID-19 Health Status and Vaccination Portal before your arrival on campus.
VACCINATIONS – Important Dates
- Document exemptions uploaded by: Due Now!
- Employees vaccinated and uploaded by: January 4, 2022
- Students vaccinated and uploaded by: January 7, 2022
- All COVID-19 test results must be submitted 3-5 days before returning to campus for the Spring 2022 semester. Testing is available beginning January 4, 2022, at the gymnasium from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
ARRIVAL TO CAMPUS:
- All students must report to Seby Jones Auditorium to check-in.
- Check in with the Gordon Health Center Staff regarding health documents.
- Receive your COVID-19 PCR Test (All Students).
- Verify your COVID-19 vaccination/ exemption or receive your mandatory COVID-19 vaccination shot.
- Receive your COVID-19 clearance card and COVID-19 Polices.
- Receive your residence hall housing permit.
DINING SERVICES- ALL MEALS WILL BE GRAB-AND-GO
- Breakfast time – 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch time – 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner time – 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday Brunch 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and Dinner 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Contact your faculty member(s) concerning questions for your classes. You may also contact Dr. Josiah Sampson, Vice President for Academic Affairs/Provost, firstname.lastname@example.org. Classes will be held virtually from January 12th – 28th
- In-person classes will resume on Monday, January 31st
MINIMIZE SPREADING THE VIRUS
- No outside and between residence hall visitations will be allowed at this time.
- SAU students will not be allowed to leave campus during the MLK holiday weekend. If you have extenuating circumstances, please see your RD or Mr. Mortimer.
Q: When is New Student Move In / Orientation Check In
· Answer: Friday, January 7th, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. 10:30 a.m.
Q: When is Returning Student Move In
· Answer: Saturday, January 8th and Sunday, January 9th, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. All students must preselect a move in time through the housing portal.
Q: Are students allowed to check in without undergoing the COVID-19 process?
· Answer: No, all students must be cleared through the Gordon Health Center and Official COVID-19 clearance process. No late arrivals will be granted.
Q: How can I view my room assignment?
· Answer: Students can view their room assignment through the housing portal.
Q: What if I need a room assignment?
· Answer: All housing applications received between December 18th through January 3rd will be processed on Tuesday, January 4th, 2022.
Q: Can I purchase property insurance?
· Answer: Yes, please visit the Residential Life and Education homepage for more information.
Q: What is the spring 2022 Move In requirements?
· Answer: Please review the spring 2022 Move In letter.