TO REPORT AN EMERGENCY AT SAU ALWAYS DIAL 911
CAMPUS POLICE (NON-EMERGENCY): 919.516.4911
METHODS OF EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION AND COMMUNICATION
SAU’s RAVE system allows university personnel to communicate with faculty, staff and students via text message and email. If you have not signed up to receive alerts from the RAVE system, please sign up here.
HOME PAGE MESSAGE
In cases of emergencies or weather alerts, we will post notifications on the home page of our website.
Broadcast emails are delivered to all official University email accounts containing @st-aug.edu. If a different email address is listed as your preferred address, please sign up for RAVE and use that email address as an alternate form of contact.
Call 919.516.5092 for weather alerts and closing announcements.
CAMPUS AND EXTERNAL MEDIA
WAUG (750 AM), as well as the Raleigh print and broadcast media, likely would cover or include information about emergencies on campus.
Used by campus police to send information to campus and seek assistance from the campus in situations involving a localized crime.
For periodic updates about campus safety initiatives, visit the University web page periodically. We are committed to working with all members of the campus community in continuing to make Saint Augustine’s University a safe place to live and work.
Carolina winters are sometimes mild and sometimes…. surprising! When the weather becomes an obstacle, the President or the Provost / Vice President of Academic Affairs will make decisions regarding the college’s operation. This will include whether the school will be closed or delayed.
- Once a decision is made, Residence Hall Directors will notify students in their Residence Halls.
- Announcements of closing or delay for Saint Augustine’s University will be submitted to the media for release by 6:00 a.m.
- Weather announcements will be posted on the website.
- Please note: If you don’t see Saint Augustine’s listed, then the university is open. The media does not announce openings, only closings or delays. Watch the list several times. It may take some time for the announcement to appear on screen or to be read over the radio.
- Please dial the Inclement Weather Emergency Line at 919.516.5092 after 5:00 a.m. for an announcement of delay or closing.