SAU DIGITALIZATION ALUMNI & COMMUNITY PROJECT
Saturday, March 20, 2023
- Dr. Patricia Nwosu, Interim Chair, Department of Humanities & Saint Augustine’s University Alum.
- Mrs. Vanessa Norwood-Clark, Wake County Teacher & Saint Augustine’s University Alum.
- Ms. Leigha Morris, Wake County Media Coordinator & Saint Augustine’s University Alum.
- Mrs. Karen Baker, Wake County Department of Instruction, Community member
- Ms. Tanya Williams, Interim Director of Library Services, Project coordinator and Host
- Mr. Vann Evans, Audio Visual Archivist, State of NC Archives: Presenter
- Mr. Brian Suttell, Author, Campus to Counter: Civil Rights in Raleigh and Durham, North Carolina 1960-1963. Assistant Professor of History and Success Coach at Ferrum College. Leader of book talk discussion.
Participants reviewed and identified names of Saint Augustine’s University and Shaw University students during the Civil Rights Movement. Dr. Nwosu shared some history during that time with participates.