Congratulations on your acceptance to SAU!
Your attendance is highly anticipated by the University community. Below you’ll find everything you need to know as an incoming Falcon.
COMPLETING THE ADMISSIONS PROCESS
- Official High School transcript
- ACT or SAT scores
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Police Background Check
- Health Clearance Form
Upon acceptance, applicants must also provide a criminal background check to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions does not require recommendation letters for admission to the University. However, we will be happy to consider any documents you may wish to submit in support of your application.
Recommendation letters may be required for scholarship consideration.
STUDENT ORIENTATION ADVISING & REGISTRATION (SOAR)
- Register for the SOAR date that is convenient for you and your family.
- Pay you housing enrollment deposit (The $200 deposit should be paid prior to SOAR.)
- It is imperative that new students complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form prior to attending SOAR. For tips on how to complete a FAFSA application please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Complete your SAU financial aid form.
- Police background check. You can obtain a police background check at your local courthouse or click here for more information. The cost is approximately $15.
- SAU health clearance forms. Please bring all completed health forms with you to SOAR. The SAU health forms can be found on our home page under DOC PORTAL at the bottom of the page. Click Admissions, click Search Documents and next to Search Keyword enter Health Forms, then click the Download button.
- Submit your final official high school transcript. It should include your graduation date.
- Submit your official SAT or ACT test scores
CAMS Student User Guide to Register for Classes
NOTE: (Please make sure all pop-up blockers are turned off when accessing the Student Portal Registration.)
- To register for classes, go to the student CAMS portal and log into your CAMS account.
- Then click Registration on the menu.
- The Unofficial Registration Page will open with your current schedule displayed at the top of the page. Unofficially registered courses may be dropped by selecting the checkbox next to the appropriate class.
- Courses available for registration are displayed in the lower portion of the page.