Financial Aid Home
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Satisfactory Academic Progress of Federal Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid and applying for admission to Saint Augustine’s University are two independent processes. Students do not need to wait until they are admitted to the university to complete the FAFSA. When a student is formally accepted for admission to the University in a degree-seeking program, their data will be examined for financial assistance eligibility. New and transfer students must contact the Admissions office and follow their directions about the admissions process
The FAFSA is free; we recommend you avoid paying filing organizations and service sites such as FAFSA.com. Students are recommended to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Help (FAFSA) shortly after October 1st to obtain Federal and some State aid. The Saint Augustine’s University school code is 002968.
|Student is Attending||Student Can Submit a FAFSA||Income Tax Year|
|July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023||October 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023||2020|
|July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024||October 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024||2021|
|July 1, 2024 – June 30, 2025||October 1, 2024 – June 30, 2025||2022|
Within two weeks of completing the FAFSA, an email is sent to the student indicating that the FAFSA has been processed and sent to designated institutions. Students should check their Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy and ensure that SAU is listed as a designated institution and the FAFSA is not rejected.
- To electronically sign the FAFSA, everyone who completes it must apply for an FSA ID.
- Dependent students must supply parental information to complete the FAFSA, thus your parent(s) must apply for their own FSA ID separately. Dependent students whose FAFSA is not signed will be rejected.
- The account should only be created or used by the owner of an FSA ID.
- Remember your username, password, and the answers to your challenge questions if you create your own FSA ID.
- An e-mail address cannot be used in conjunction with more than one FSA ID. If you forget your username or password, you may request that a secure code be provided to you so that you can reset it
- Errors and omissions will cause delays in the processing of student data and may reduce the likelihood of obtaining assistance.
- Do not rush to complete the FAFSA and do not forget the school code 002968.