Location: Washington, DC
$3000 Stipend plus housing
Hudson Institute Political Studies offers top undergraduates a Summer Fellowship in political theory and practice that broadens and deepens understanding of public policy and American political principles. The Fellowship combines rigorous study of politics and political thought through week-long seminars led by master teachers, policy workshops featuring think tank experts and experienced government officials, and a distinguished speaker series of exemplary figures from public life.
Over the course of an eight-week paid internship in the summer of 2021, Emerson Collective will catalyze an extraordinary and talented group of college students through mentorship, enriching programs, and meaningful work experience.
Selected Interns will work out of the Emerson Collective offices in Palo Alto, California or Washington, DC. Those interning with XQ will be based in Oakland, California. Placement locations will be determined by the internship and we are unable to accommodate adjustments.
Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, communications, project support, events, policy, and research. Summer interns will also participate in weekly programming designed to develop leadership capacity and build out professional networks.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to MS-Office products such as Excel, Word, and Databases.
- Maintain a basic knowledge and ensure compliance with applicable ICH-GCP Guidelines, international and local regulations and applicable Parexel procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills to internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and achieve project timelines
- High commitment to and performs consistently high-quality work
- Good written English skills
As an intern at Spectrum, you will work on challenging projects that will allow you to develop your skills and follow your passion. A mentor will work closely with you as you acquire practical, hands-on work experience you will use in your professional career. Opportunities in this Internship Program are available in Sales & Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Engineering, Information Technology, and more.
Twenty internships with the North Carolina Department of Transportation are now available to HBCU students. They are heavily recruiting Saint Augustine’s University students due to the outstanding reputation of past SAU students hired. Please take the time to apply! Click on the link below and scroll through the various jobs to find the positions designated for HBCU students. For example, the title of the job will have “HBCU INTERN” included, examples below. All internships will pay $15/hr. Although all students that apply WILL be considered, the preferred courses of study for applicants are as follows…
PART TIME WORK: Y-LEARNING COUNSELOR
The Y-Learning Counselor has a starting hourly rate of $8.55/hour. The Y Learning counselor positions take place every Monday – Thursday from 3 pm – 6 pm. Staff are required to work every day in this role. Staff must be over the age of 18 in order to apply.
About Y-Learning: Our YMCA is committed to bridging the education gap. That’s why we developed Y Learning, a standardized tutorial program, for students in grades K – 8 who struggle to reach school-system benchmarks. Most Y Learning students lack financial and educational support at home.
Y Learning provides a structured tutorial program for students who are not meeting school system or grade level benchmarks. The YMCA works with schools, teachers and guidance counselors to identify students who could benefit from this program and who may not have the resources or support to achieve their goals.
The YMCA carefully selects counselors and a certified teacher for each Y Learning school site. Students are evaluated periodically to ensure they are making progress.
PART TIME WORK: NURSERY ATTENDANT
The Nursery Attendant has a starting hourly rate of $8.50/hour. Our Child Care Watch positions take place every Monday – Friday 9 am – 1 pm (morning shift), Monday – Thursday 5 – 8 pm (afternoon), Saturday 9 am – 1 pm, and Sunday 2 – 5 pm (weekend).
Calling on SAU Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors!
How would you like to earn $$ while helping other students and increase your own writing knowledge & skills!
Would you like to join SAU’s The Write Place and grow as a writer?
Do you desire to become skilled in academic mentorship?
Would you like to use your talents to help other students?
SAU’s The Write Place is looking for talented, coachable students to serve as Writing Consultants to assist fellow students throughout various stages of the writing process. Writing consultants will:
- Assist and coach other students in their writing efforts.
- Complete tasks associated with ongoing functions of The Write Place.
- Conduct consultations according to guidelines.
- Follow both paper and electronic documentation procedures.
- Engage in research related to the development of student writers.
- Assist in planning, publicizing, and implementing writing related workshops.
- Commit to working with at least one center team. Teams are groups of consultants who are responsible for the management of a particular aspect of The Write Place.
- Attend and participate actively in trainings and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Writing consultants should have a strong proficiency in writing, have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and have a self-directed work ethic.
- Currently enrolled as a SAU sophomore, junior, or senior
- Completed ENG132 (or equivalent) with a “B” or better
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be in good standing with the University
To be considered for this wonderful opportunity, please submit the following to the Office of Human Resources, Hunter 101:
- SAU Application (may be picked up from Human Resources – Hunter 101)
- Academic writing sample (1-2 pages in length)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member that is able to comment on your writing and interpersonal skills)
Position open until filled.
May hire 10 students that will work 10 hours a week at $8/hour.
Writing Consultants may be employed until May 6, 2020.