CURRENT STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
THE EPISCOPAL COLLEGES WILLIAM RANDOLPH HEARST SERVICE LEARNING SCHOLARSHIP
Application and Deadline
Download the application form here
Download the poster here
Applications must be received by February 10, 2023, for students entering college in fall 2023. Award decisions will be announced in late March 2023.
Up to $8,945 per year
Legacy Grants (Up to $8,945) help foster relationships with alumni who are relatives of academically qualified students while ingraining a sense of loyalty and commitment from the next generation. If the student satisfies the annual requirements, (30 hours earned and 2.5 GPA) the grant may be renewed for each of the additional three academic years.
- Incoming Freshmen: 950+ SAT score (Math and Verbal) or an 17+ ACT, GPA: 2.5+
- Transfer Students: 30 hours of completed college coursework, GPA: 2.5+
- At least one parent, legal guardian or grandparent must be a graduate of Saint Augustine’s University in good financial standing with the University and currently a life or subscribing life member of Saint Augustine’s University National Alumni Association.
TMCF | SALLIE MAE FUND COMPLETING THE DREAM GAP SCHOLARSHIP
The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) and The Sallie Mae Fund are proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending an accredited post-secondary institution opens in a new window. Two Hundred Sixty (260) students completing a two-year, four-year, or trade/vocational certificate/certification program will be selected to receive a gap scholarship of $2,500 for the 2023-2024 academic school year. Selected students must be in good academic standing, but at risk of not returning to or graduating/completing due to an outstanding financial need, and/or emergency situation that leads to a financial aid crisis.
- Enrolled full-time or part-time at an accredited post-secondary institution or continuous education program opens in a new window
- Two-year Schools
- Four-year Schools
- Vocational/Technical certificate/certification program
- Will complete their degree or program by the end of Spring 2024 semester (can be either Fall 2023 or Spring 2024).
- Current cumulative grade point average of 2.75 or higher
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be a diverse candidate
- Diverse shall include, but not limited to: (Gender, Disability, Race, Ethnicity, Belonging to an underserved community)
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate good moral character in all aspects of your life, including personal, professional, educational, in your community, and online presence
SCHOLARSHIP OF EXCELLENCE
Non-renewable; All applicants, current recipients or first-time applicants must apply for this scholarship award each spring. This scholarship is worth $4,000.
- Minimum of 30 credit hours
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- One letter of recommendation from faculty or staff member who can validate your leadership experience, community involvement and/ or academic achievement
- One-page typed essay
This application opens on March 1, 2023 at 8 a.m. and closes on May 15, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
$150 – $5,000
The 1K Scholarship Fund was created to assist students in meeting their financial needs. Students receive funds from $150 – $5000 depending on their financial situation after all other options have been exhausted.
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA
MUSIC AND ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIP
Saint Augustine’s University recruits a myriad of talented individuals. Scholarships may be awarded to prospective Falcons showing promise in music or intercollegiate athletics. For further details regarding the University’s band program, contact the Department of Music at 919.516.4298. For more information about the University Choir, call 919.516.4900 and for details regarding athletics, call 919.516.4951.
UNITED NEGRO COLLEGE FUND
- Go to https://scholarships.uncf.org/.
- Click UNCF General Scholarship Application
- Click Apply
- Once finished, email a thank you letter and professional headshot to the Office of Financial Aid
LETTIE PATE WHITEHEAD
The Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation Scholarship is available to qualifying Christian women who live in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia and demonstrate financial need. This award is valued at $3,000. If the student meets the yearly requirements, the scholarship can be extended for another three academic years.
- Minimum of 2.7 GPA
- Must be a female and of a Christian faith
- Resides in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia
U.S. COAST GUARD SCHOLARSHIP
- Up to two years’ paid tuition, books, and fees.
- Approximately $3,600 monthly salary ($43,200 annually) as a Coast Guard active-duty member while serving as a full-time student.
- Guaranteed job after graduation.
- Starting salary of approximately $60,000 annually, upon graduation and successful completion of Officer Candidate School.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Attend HBCU, HSI, TCU, or approved college or university
- Must be a sophomore or junior enrolled in a 4 year undergraduate program