A transfer student’s academic level is based on the number of accepted credit hours from the institution(s) he/she previously attended. Although the Admissions Office makes the initial review of courses taken at other institutions, the official evaluation for transfer credit is done by the Registrar and eligible transfer credit is posted on the student’s Saint Augustine’s University transcript.
Saint Augustine’s University welcomes applications from students transferring from other accredited two-year or four-year institutions.We know that you care about your future and desire a university that will nurture your interests, inspire intellectual thoughts, and strengthen your academic aptitude; Saint Augustine’s University is the school for you. We invite all prospective transfer students who would like to learn more about the admissions and enrollment process, academic areas of study, and other topics to contact us.
Transfer Student Requirements
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 higher
- Has completed 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours
- Is not presently on social or academic suspension at the last or current school of attendance
- Has not been suspended or dropped from another institution, within a year’s time frame
- Completed Application for Admission
- Submit $ 35.00 Application Fee
- College Transcripts (An official transcript reflecting grades completed and coursework in progress from each college or university attended)
- Complete Transfer Approval from prior institution stating that the student is of good standing and honorable dismissal from their prior institutions.
- If you are transferring fewer than 24 college credit hours you will also need to submit: Final High School Transcript including the date of graduation and official school seal SAT or ACT scores
Applications from transfer students cannot be considered until all credentials are received from all other institutions previously attended.
Evaluation of the transcript is conducted on a course-by-course basis by the department chair and school dean in the discipline in which the intended major is located to determine if completed coursework is applicable toward fulfillment of graduation requirements in the student’s major. The evaluation of a transcript is not official until the credits have been accepted by the Registrar and recorded on the students’ transcript at Saint Augustine’s University as transfer credit.
Only comparable college-level courses in which the student has earned grades of “C” or better are accepted as transfer credit. A transfer student is expected to conform to the academic requirements of Saint Augustine’s University that are current at the time of his/her enrollment at the university.
The maximum number of transfer credits that may be accepted from all previous colleges or universities is 90. In order to graduate with honors, a transfer student must have earned a minimum of 60 credits while continuously enrolled at Saint Augustine’s University.
Transfer students must complete and submit the Transfer Approval form stating that the student is of good standing and honorable dismissal from the last school attended or the current school attending.
Saint Augustine’s University operates on the semester system and grants credits in semester.
Saint Augustine’s University admissions policies are consistent with the mission of the institution and do not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees, based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability. In addition, Saint Augustine’s University seeks to promote a multinational and multiracial student population by recruiting and enrolling students without regard to race, gender or ethnicity.